IELTS Essay Ideas and Answers for Writing Task 2
Finding ideas and answers for Task 2 questions WAS difficult.
Listen to this tutorial to get:
– Ideas for recent Task 2 Questions
– A formula for essay planning
– A strategy to build cohesive paragraphs
You can download or listen to the audio version here:
|Direct Download Here | Stitcher | iTunes | Spotify | Soundcloud | Transcript |
If building paragraphs is hard for you, and you need to PASS IELTS FAST, the “3.0 How to Organise Your Ideas and Build Coherent Paragraphs That Flow” chapter is perfect!
Questions and Answers:
1. Many people believe that it’s better to learn something in a group rather than individually. Do you agree or disagree?
Agree – learning in group has many advantages
Elements of teamwork can be adopted
Group can utilize each person’s skill expertise
Disagree – Individualism is better
Self reliant, own the result, not dependant on others
More mature way, more responsible
2. Some people think that men are naturally more competitive than women. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Agree – Men are more competitive
Look at sporting fans, globally most are male
A lot of sports historically only men participate: F1, Boxing, MMA, etc.
Psychological drivers of men include: dominance, control
Agree – Men are more competitive
Although it is difficult to say without sounding sexist
Is it nature or nurture – difficult to say
3. These days, mobile phones and the internet are very important to the ways in which people relate to one another socially. Do the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?
It is more advantageous to relate socially to others via the phone
Possible to give more frequent and support
Possible to find others similar to you, useful for those with obscure or specialist interests
Cyber bullying is becoming a realty
Teenagers becoming addicted to phones, even labeled screenagers
Phenomenon called realty which shows the real life pictures without the filters… .
4. Weddings are more expensive in many countries nowadays when compared to the past. What is the reason behind this? Is this a positive or a negative development?
Reason behind this is probably social media
Vapid attempts at self promotion and
“keeping up with the joneses”.
Now it can be really publicised Ideas here need to be organised a little before starting the essay.
Definitely a negative development
Although it’s a memorable day and should be cherished – fact is, large amounts of cash are being spent,
Most families have a considerable financial mountain ahead – babies, mortgage, etc
5. Some believe that is the responsibility of people to take care of the environment. Others say it is the government that should take care of the environment. Discuss both views and state your opinion.
People should take care of the environment because:
We are the consumers, we vote with our wallets,
Throw away culture become considerably too prevalent – consumers are causing horrendous damage (pacific garbage patch)
Government should take care of the environment because:
They have the power to legislate
Can impose fines and taxes on polluters
Supposed to be guardians of the country, which means collectively they are guardians of the earth… but not true in reality
Both should be doing more!